- I woke up before 2 a.m., and I could not go back to sleep.
- At 7:15 or so, our special musician called, responding to a message I had left on his phone the evening before. He left a message with my wife that there must have been miscommunication; he had not agreed to sing. We had announced this at church and advertised this for the last month.
- Not much later my wife told me our kitchen sink is leaking.
- Then after an early morning prayer ride, my wife told me that our downstairs refrigerator is letting out water.
- Before our worship celebration, I was given a DVD which was a pictorial presentation reviewing the 25 years of the church. It did not work with the computer. During the service, I had an idea how to show it, thought it interrupted the service slightly, and we were able to show it.
- After the celebration meal, my son called me to tell me that the second floor awning fell on our van.
My wife's response: "You came a long way from 19 years ago." (That was when we first began ministry at Faith.) I asked her to explain. Essentially, she told me that I set the example for the congregation by beginning the service with prayer with all the problems, though the congregation didn't know all that occurred, only the music and DVD issue. According to her, even the message went well. If so, that was a God thing.
"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble."
God never said he wouldn't test us.