Today, I write without a sling. I thank God for the healing he is providing. Hooray!
Today, I look back and see all the good God has accomplished through this broken collar bone. I would hate to say it, but even though I wish I had not broken my collar bone, this accident was a gift from God. Let me list some of the things God has given through this broken collar bone:
- God has opened my heart more for those people I know who experience pain every time they move
- God has used my sling and my walks to open up more conversations with my neighbors (Even when I didn't have a sling, I had a man I really didn't know pull up his truck and ask me how I was doing)
- God has given me more time to visit people or minister to people in my congregation
- God has given me more time to read and study; I am on my third book since I broke my collar bone (I had completed three books the first five months; and that doesn't count all the magazines I completed and am almost up to date)
- God has given more time to play games or do a puzzle with my wife
- God gave me people who are praying for me and also people who are willing to help
- God has taught me to allow people to help
In short, when bad things occur, watch out, good things might occur through the grace of God.