Farther, to be like your Son Jesus involves much repentance. Part of the prayer that I have been reading everyday this week is "grant that by your Word we may again and again be convicted of our many sins." So, on the sixth or the seventh day of praying this, I finally realize Father that I should see repentance as something more positive. How else could I become more like Jesus!
But I have a tendency to see it as something negative. After all, sin is negative, and in repentance I see my sinfulness, and that should probably be so. Yet, when I see my sin and repent, I should also realize:
- that you have revealed yourself to me
- that you have communicated to me
- that your motivation is love for me
- that you desire me to be more like your Son Jesus now in this world
- that you desire me to have less baggage to carry around; the baggage of sin is heavy
- that you are preparing me for life with you
Yes, if I don't mourn over my sin, I wouldn't really want to get rid of it. Yet, what beauty and joy there is in the act of repentance. If we succumb to the convicting power of the Holy Spirit, how great are the results. Thank you for your amazing grace!